Sunday, October 11, 2009

An Esther Week





This week started out with a wheezy child, an emergency room visit and then a sleepover in the new Children's hospital. All the while, I was missing my 3rd day back at work and wondering what God was doing in my life. Surprisingly, I was completely at peace during the whole ordeal.
"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will," ~ Ephesians 1:11
" for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." ~Philippians 2:13
I felt "worked out" this week. In my study of the book of Esther, it's so apparent that even though God's actual name is not used in the whole book, His hands are all over it. He worked out everything to keep His covenant to His people and fulfill His Kingdom purposes. He chose Esther "for such a time as this" to prove His love to those who were His. He showed me this same thing this week. The 'peace that passes all understanding' was all over me on Monday and Tuesday and I knew my God was with us. God is always on time in his workings even though I felt like the timing couldn't be worse. I had already been so tired and now I was down 2 nights' sleep and worried about my beautiful son. But God is faithful and gave me peace and rest even in the midst of the storm.
Aram is recovering well and continues to improve daily and God continues to show me just how hard He works in my life to transform me into His image, even if it's a little more painful than I deem necessary!

No comments: