Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Accountability

So, I need some accountability in becoming healthy and taking care of the Temple God gave me. Over the past 5 years, God has burdened me to deal with my stronghold of overeating. He has done a miracle in my life in that regard, and now I need to get my body where it needs to be. So, I joined a gym in April and started an 8-week running plan about 8 weeks ago. I'm on week 3 of the program; need I say more. So, all you blog readers out there, you are my accountability partners now! Each week I will track my progress and share my successes and failures. I need much prayer and support in this, so feel free to comment or even try out this running program with me. My goal is to run 3x/week and in the next 8 weeks, be able to jog/run for a solid 30 minutes.
Here's the plan (I stole it from http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml):
************************************************
The schedule (each 3x/week unless indicated)
Week 1: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Week 2: Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Week 3: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)

Week 4: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Week 5:
Workout 1: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Workout 2: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Workout 3: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.

Week 6:
Workout 1: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Workout 2: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes)
Workout 3: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking.

Week 7: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes).

Week 8: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes).

Week 9: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).
****************************************************************************

So, tonight, I successfully finished a week 3 workout plus 10 minutes on the stair climber. I also worked abs, biceps and triceps using cable equipment. I plan to do the same thing on Thursday evening and Saturday morning. If you see me, ask me about it.
While I'm writing I also want to stress that this is a God thing. This is not my need to look like Barbie or be something I'm not supposed to be. Nor is it an attempt to be a certain size. I really do want to set a healthier example for my son, Aram, as well as make sure I am the woman God created me to be no matter what that size ends up being. I would like to lose about 25 pounds, but am willing to let the Lord lead in that area.
Here are some scriptures I'm trying to memorize as well to keep me motivated:
Romans 12:1-2 " Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

1 Corinthians 6:12-19 "12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. 14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! 16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH." 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body."

Pray for me, check up on me, and keep me accountable. Forward this blog to as many people as you wish.
Blessings

No comments: