Friday, July 31, 2009

Running the Race

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

I continued on my journey last night in becoming healthy. I successfully finished my running schedule as well as an extra 10 minutes of stair climbing. I finished off my workout with some ab work and some stretching. I was totally exhausted yesterday, so it took everything in me to get to the gym... and blogging about it really helped in keeping me accountable. Thanks to all those who are praying for me and checking up on me. It really helps to keep me motivated.
Now, I need to work on eating a little better. Anyone got any easy, healthy recipes that they want to share?? Comment on todays post with any ideas. If you know me well, you know I don't love cooking, so something simple, tasty and healthy (and also something my husband would eat) would be great!
Blessings!

1 comment:

Cheryl Lowery said...

Hey Shelly, you should try eatingwell.com. They have great recipes. I don't know if they are all simple, but they take into consideration both good nutrition and good taste.